Friday, December 29, 2017

Kati Roll







Good morning dear readers, well wishers! Its morning in my part of the world...! So 2017 is coming to an end, actually 2 days left.  Thought of connecting with you all...!  Am sure you all would be looking forward for New year, new resolutions,  new goals, and carrying forward, the dreams, which may not have come true in 2017, looking forward, working hard on it, to make it happen in 2018...!

Year starts...year ends....we make resolutions, and today, please tell me, how many of you actually stick to resolutions made, how many of you actually, follow the resolutions which are made...please be honest!

I can write about mine, honestly!  I am very enthusiastic person, when it comes to festivals, people coming to our house for dinners and lunches, or something like this new year....I do get super excited, I start to clean up the house, cook, do Parayana (recitation, chanting) waking early in the morning....! Yes I will also make new year resolutions....and past few years, its been the same pattern, same resolutions....of eating healthy, exercising, may be start working....!

Past one week I have been thinking hard on this topic...!  I even asked one day, at dinner table, my kids and husband, whats your new year resolutions......kids came up with getting good grades in school, being more independent....and guess what husband said.....eating healthy, exercising, taking care of his health....! Lol

But surprisingly, nobody asked me back, whats your resolution......! There was some distraction in the topic, so I did not get a chance to talk about my resolution!

But if I got that chance, will I tell my resolution.....!? Well, this year, no resolutions is my resolution!! 

Okay as I wrote before, I will be honest, as I said, I am very enthusiastic when it comes to festivals, etc....but, later on, it slows down...I somehow can't stick or remember to my resolutions!!

I analyze a lot everything, before getting on to a judgment or conclusions...so according to my analysis, we all get, lost in day to day business, too much focused on other stuffs, lot of distractions....especially I blame it to gadgets also, that we tend to loose interest on resolutions made..!

And if the pattern of the same things, as hard as loosing weight, eating right, exercising, every year the same resolution, of course, we wont and we cannot do it!

So thats the reason I decided not to make any resolutions this year...! And also yes, health, exercise is all important but, there are so many other aspects of life, which we can focus, which we can make it as a resolution, and may be we might be motivated to follow it and get excited in accomplishing it!

Like, learning a new language, learning an instrument, or traveling, or doing organic gardening, making sure, you almost don't buy any veggies outside, but grow in your backyard(well, there goes indirect way of taking care of your health and eating healthy), or volunteering, anywhere, you like or desire, ! Or carry forward, any one of your parents legacy....may be spiritual, may be any talent they had, you can tap on it and see if you have, if you haven't done all these years! Or pick up some thing from our parents, and following it and carrying it forward, being a role model to your kids also....!

I lost both my parents, in less than a year...am still on healing process...this pain, I guess, is life long! But trying to think and remember of just not happy moments spent with them, but I am spending my time, in being grateful, showing gratitude and feeling WOW, that they have done so much in life, and as a couple, they were role models to others, and am trying to show my gratitude to them, by remembering every single thing they have done!

So having said that, hope I did not damper your spirits about new year resolutions!  Please don't be, my intention was not to damper your spirits but to think about making the same resolutions every year, in case if you are doing so...! Or may be you might come up with a new idea or give me a idea as to how to stick to new year resolutions!? Any suggestions is always welcome!

Okay, lets get to the eating mode! Its year end, and as I brought up the topic of resolutions....I will bring the topic of eating healthy...! Eating healthy should not be boring, bland or tiresome! There are many ways, you can make your family eat veggies and love them! I found a new way and thought of sharing with you. Hope you like it and try it and enjoy as much as my husband and kids just loved and asked me to do everyday!!

Its Veggie paneer Kati roll! There are numerous versions of Kati roll. This recipe is so flexible, and you can be creative and add anything, everything to it. I am writing my version of Kati roll, you can play around it, if you don't have paneer or any or some of the ingredients, still you can make it, with what you have.  Chapathis and palya(Curries), Dhal, eating always is boring, try this one and I bet your family will love it and love you more!!!! Here goes the recipe

Ingredients:

Chapathis or rotis
Left over Chapathis or store bought Chapathis, is also fine

For Curry:
Potatoes- 3-4 boiled and mashed
Capsicum- 1
Paneer- 1/2 cup crumbled
Jeera Powder-1/4 TSp
Coriander Powder-1/4 TSP
Red chilli powder-according to taste
Salt to taste

For Red chilli sauce:

Red chilli- 6-8 (Byadigi type of red chilli, which is wrinkled,only)
Garlic-2 pods
Ginger-small piece

Onions-finely sliced
Lettuce-Finely sliced
Carrots-thinly sliced

Oil-4-5 Tbsp
Butter to spread on chapathi
Date-Tamarind Chutney-store bought (optional)

Method:

You can always use, store bought or left over chapathis for this, or can make fresh chapathis.
Soak Red chillies in hot water for about any hour, more the better. Grind it to a smooth paste, with ginger, garlic and can add little water to get the sauce consistency, add salt and pinch of sugar and mix well and keep aside.

Boil potatoes and peel the skin and mash it, make sure potatoes are not over cooked and become soggy! In a deep pan, put 2 Tbsp of oil, and once its warm, add capsicum, fry for few mins and then add, paneer crumbs and potatoes, red chilli powder, jeera powder, coriander powder, salt to taste and mix well and keep aside.

Warm the chapathi with butter and put it on a plate. Spread the red chilli sauce evenly, in the middle, add some lettuce, onions, carrots, and make cylindrical shape of the Potato curry and place it on top of the veggies, spread some Date and Tamarind chutney on top the curry, and fold the bottom first and fold both the sides carefully and serve it with a tomato hot and sweet chutney! Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment