Friday, February 5, 2010

Cucumber Raitha or Southekai Raitha

I took kids to the library couple of days ago. They got invloved in playing and I started to feel bored! So I went in search of a book..........and I found "Blog Rules" book, by Nancy Flynn and was curious to see what she had written about blog rules!


So started reading........! I found some interesting things about blog writing! Every second a new blog is created! 62% of internet users don't even know what blog is! 44% of bloggers write new post atleast once a day!


Time magzine now publishes an annual list of 50 coolest blogs. On a traditional note, blog was added to the venerable Oxford English Dictionary in 2003 and was most popular search word in the online version of Merriam Websters's dictionary in 2004!


Well these were some of the intersting facts which I found in that book about blog writing. The book was about business blogs where employees,reveal the company inside information and reveal about the employers personal info.  the writer had given tips how to blog safely!


The book sounded intersting, and of course I could not finsih reading it in couple of hours!


Yesterday I was watching Indian channel and saw Indian news where a minister was giving explanation about his blog,which wis misinterepreted about his political views!!!!!



Anyways......what ever it might be,I am here, blogging, enjoying, expressing my views and thoughts and sharing the coolest recipes!



Today I would like to share "Cucumber Raitha" or "Southekai Raitha", which is my mother-in-law's recipe. I found very different and very tasty and felt like sharing with you.



But today I am not able to post the pictures of the Raitha,since my laptop is not working and all my blogs pictures are on my laptop. I am writing my blog from my desktop! So I hope you would understand me and once my laptop get fixed will sure update this Raitha recipe with pictures. So here goes the recipe!



Ingredients:

1 big Cucumber
1/4 Tsp Mustard seeds
4-5 Green chillies(Or adjust according to taste)
Few Coriander leaves
small Pinch of Asafotedia
5 Tbsp Coconut
1/2 cup Yogurt
Salt to taste
1/4 Tsp oil
1/4 Tsp Mustard seeds

Method:

Peel the cucumber skin and chop finely and keep aside.

Grind mustard seeds,green chillies,coriander leaves,asafotedia,coconut to a fine paste,adding very little water. Mix the paste with cucumber and add yogurt and salt and mix thoroughly. If the Raitha is too thick you can add more yogurt.

Now heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and once it pops add to the raitha! This raitha goes well with rice or chapathi! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff you have here... It is sad that no one has commented or complimented you on the superb work you have done here. I love this kind of food and have been looking for to try out some of the traditional stuff. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete