Friday, July 10, 2009

Hasi Southekai gojju or Raw Cucumber gojju


The hasi southekai gojju or Raw cucumber gojju is one of my husband's favourite, which my mom makes. She has done it when she was here and my husband liked it very much. Today when I opened my refrigerator, I had only few choices of veggitables to cook. So I made tomato saaru, Carrot-Beans palya and thought of making this southekai or cucumber gojju. I would love to share the reciepe with you and I am sure you will love it.
Ingredients:
1 big cucumber
1/4 mustard seeds
3-4 Green chillies(or adjust according to taste)
1/4 cup coconut
small lemon size tamarind soaked in water
1/4 Tsp jaggery
Asafotedia
Salt to taste
1/4 Tsp Oil
1/4 Mustard seeds

Method:
Peel the cucumber and chop into small pieces. Add mustard seeds,cucumber pieces,green chillies,tamarind juice,jaggery,coconut,asafotedia,salt to the mixer and grind into a smooth paste. And pu the hasi southekai gojju to a bowl and in a small pan heat up the oil and add mustard seeds and once it pops up, add that to the gojju.

This gojju goes well with rice or even for Chapathi. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment